Framing My Painting of AllanFebruary 10, 2017
Following the previous post, I decided to go ahead with the staining of the frame molding. Even though I didn’t like the splotchy look, I found I could even it out by painting over it with burnt umber acrylic that was a good match to the stain color. I kept the paint relatively thin to allow for some of the wood grain to still show through. You can see the effect of the stain that I applied first in the center detail. I then gave two coats of acrylic to the other areas, front and sides.
Here is the painting laying under the frame with a sheet of acrylic glazing cut to fit. I’ll give the frame a glossy spray coating tomorrow, and I still need to add backing and string a wire to the back. This will be delivered to the exhibit next week, so look for an announce here in a few days about the opening.